Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Appreciate the Small Things

So yesterday I left my How to Train Your Dragon thermos in the lecture hall my class is in and I was for sure that someone would have taken it or it would have been taken somewhere and I'd have no idea where that somewhere was.  It was the straw that broke the camel's back.  I have an infected wisdom tooth and it hurt severely yesterday not to mention a few other problems. Well today I went to the lecture hall and I looked at the seat I was at yesterday and no big shocker, it wasn't there. Then I looked up on the window sill and some blessed person had set it there. It had a wonderful halo surrounding it and I could hear it calling to me.  It was just so good to see it, it instantly made my day better. I know that everyone has crazy busy stressful lives, but when was the last time you took a few seconds to appreciate a tiny thing, like the grass under your feet, or a pretty fountain or even the pattern of the clouds. None of these need you to stop and stare to appreciate them, you can do it while you're on the go. I think every day would be just a little bit better if people remembered that small things are usually worth the notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment